News: Our server has a new IP Address, Click the IP Address above to auto-connect!

Author Topic: TF2-TRADER Donation Bot FAQ  (Read 4907 times)

Bo0m!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Unique Servers
    • Add on Steam
    • View Steam Screenshots
    • View Steam Videos
    • View Steam Inventory
TF2-TRADER Donation Bot FAQ
« on: October 11, 2011, 09:00 PM »
I figured I'd make an FAQ thread for the various questions asked about our donation bot. If you have a question that isn't covered here, by all means ask!

The bot is not responding to my trade!
Check the livesteam of the bot. Either:
A. The item servers are down for you, the bot, or both.
B. The bot is already in a trade.
C. There's something else wrong with steam at the moment. Try again later.

Can I see the bot?
You can now! I set up a low quality livestream of the bot. Why low quality? Streaming in HQ lagged TF2.
Click here to view!

The bot stream is down!
If the stream is offline I'm either fixing something that isn't working, restarting the system, or doing a manual crafting wave to ensure no strange weapons get hit.

How will you know what I donated?
Before trading the bot, view your own backpack on TF2Items, doing so will make a record of where the item came from.

I don't have any spare weapons, can I donate more valuable items such as hats or promos?
Our initial plan was to accept spare weapons since everybody has them and they are relatively cheap; but if you would like to donate more valuable items by all means feel free. We greatly appreciate your generosity!

You said the bot will be scrapping what it receives, I'm afraid to donate my hat or strange/vintage weapon just to see it be scrapped.
Any non weapons and weapons that are not unique (strange/genuine/vintage/etc) will be filtered out and be safe from the scrapping process.

Can I give it all of my crates?
Please don't. Crates will make the final process of selling off the items a lot longer. The sooner we can sell everything off and send in the money to charity the better.

The bot cancelled my trade!
There is a 1 minute 90 second timeout for every trade. If it takes longer than 60 90 seconds for you check off your box and click the final "Make Trade" button, the bot will cancel the trade window to allow others to trade it.

Can I add the bot as a Steam friend?
You can, but it won't accept.  :P

How come only TF2 trading and not Steam Trade? I want to trade more than 8 items at a time!
The bot is in very early beta stages right now. In the future I may create a Steam trade bot, but for now it's TF2 only. Another reason is we don't really want to worry about selling games or Portal 2/Spiral Knights items right now. :P

For anyone interested, the bot changelog:
Code: [Select]
Trader Bot 0.4
- Fixed issue where bot would freeze whenever it lost connection to item server
- Fixed issue where bot would be permanently stuck in a trade
- Slight code optimization
- Upped timeout to 90 seconds from 60
- Added welcome message when trading (if TF2 lags too much it won't appear, I'll fix that later)

Trader Bot 0.3
- Fixed an endless loop checking the box due to a typo
- Added a trade timeout to not hangup the bot

Trader Bot 0.2
- Completely rewrote, can now properly tell when checkboxes are checked.
- Added function to check exactly what items are being offered.

Trader Bot 0.1
- Initial Test Version
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:52 AM by Bo0m! »

jimmycarr

• View Profile
    • Add on Steam
    • View Steam Screenshots
    • View Steam Videos
    • View Steam Inventory
Re: TF2-TRADER Donation Bot FAQ
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58 AM »
Pretty cool, what language is it written in? I'd be interested in reading the source code if you're releasing it, if it's private though i understand

Bo0m!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Unique Servers
    • Add on Steam
    • View Steam Screenshots
    • View Steam Videos
    • View Steam Inventory
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:38 AM »
Just updated the bot to v0.4! Changes noted above!

Pretty cool, what language is it written in? I'd be interested in reading the source code if you're releasing it, if it's private though i understand
I threw it together in Java. It has a long way to go before I'd release the code though, there aren't nearly enough features at the moment.  :P

jimmycarr

• View Profile
    • Add on Steam
    • View Steam Screenshots
    • View Steam Videos
    • View Steam Inventory
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Just updated the bot to v0.4! Changes noted above!

I threw it together in Java. It has a long way to go before I'd release the code though, there aren't nearly enough features at the moment.  :P

You can do that with Java? Nice :D haha keep up the good work then