News: Remember, you can bump your threads once per hour!

Author Topic: TF2 Reputation - Finding The Real Scammers!  (Read 2292 times)

Dougal

• View Profile
    • Add on Steam
    • View Steam Screenshots
    • View Steam Videos
    • View Steam Inventory
TF2 Reputation - Finding The Real Scammers!
« on: September 26, 2011, 04:31 PM »

Hello, and welcome to TF2 Reputation, the site where YOU decide who is bad or good, by leaving positive or negative reputation on a person's profile.

The site has a simplistic design as of now, everything is clear and is in plain sight, all the information about the account, if the person is a known scammer or a mod of TF2Rep or another TF2 community, how much positive and negative rep the person has and why they have it. There are also quick links to check backpacks or add on Steam.

There are also many more things, such as a list of moderators of TF2Rep and popular trading communities such as TF2-Trader, UTC and TF2 Outpost.

The system is very simple, first if you have negative or positive things to say about someone, simply type in their steamcommunity name

Then scroll to the bottom, type in the reason (preferably with proof) and click the positive or negative button to give that person positive or negative rep.

Each comment is logged through the mod control panel which then the mods will verify if the comment is indeed legit or false.

Reported profiles and reported comments will also appear here.

So, give it a shot. http://jaycee.game-host.org:8000/rep/ (this isn't the final domain name)

I've tried to sum up pretty much everything in this post, if you want to ask any questions please feel free to post them in this thread, or contact Jessecar96. Thanks!

{PG} Aphex

• View Profile
    • Add on Steam
    • View Steam Screenshots
    • View Steam Videos
    • View Steam Inventory
Re: TF2 Reputation - Finding The Real Scammers!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:08 PM »
inb4steamreprage

In honest opinion, this is a MUCH better alternative to SteamRep. I'd rather have a community say on who's trusted and who's not than some elitist deciding by themselves if someone's a scammer based on no proof claims.

I would really like to see limitations on feedback since fake rep may be an issue with this.

BLACKENED

• View Profile
    • BLACKENED's REP THREAD
    • Add on Steam
    • View Steam Screenshots
    • View Steam Videos
    • View Steam Inventory
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:27 AM »
inb4steamreprage

In honest opinion, this is a MUCH better alternative to SteamRep. I'd rather have a community say on who's trusted and who's not than some elitist deciding by themselves if someone's a scammer based on no proof claims.

I would really like to see limitations on feedback since fake rep may be an issue with this.

If someone is listed as a scammer, they have proof on record.  Maybe their rules for being a scammer are different than some peoples opinions? ....  just be easy on steamrep, after all if it wasn't for them, I'm sure myself or many others would have been scammed already.

{PG} Aphex

• View Profile
    • Add on Steam
    • View Steam Screenshots
    • View Steam Videos
    • View Steam Inventory
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 11:37 AM »
I do realize they are very helpful, but there are MANY things that can be improved. For instance, not all trusted sellers are listed on there because they don't meet exact criterias, even though SourceOP let them slide, SteamRep really doesn't.

A lot of people can get falsely tagged as well.

foset

• View Profile
    • Add on Steam
    • View Steam Screenshots
    • View Steam Videos
    • View Steam Inventory
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 06:59 AM »
While I can certainly see the points that would attract general public, in my opinion this still wouldn't work. Lots of stupid kids would rage and leave negative feedback after their lowballs get rejected... Also it'd be way too easy to create a fake positive rep with few small trades using alternative accounts.

I'll probably stick with SteamRep, but that's just me...